Guitarist, Composer, Producer, Teacher and Tester of musical instruments.
. Website: www.abelfranco.com
. Endorsers: Mesa Boogie, Spectraflex, G-Lab, D’Addario, Crazybox Pedals,
KTS Resonant Titanium (Japón), RightOn Straps, Radial Engineering, Aalberg Audio,
Walrus Audio, Mono cases, Root Effects, Kahayan pro Audio.
. Member of D’Addario Educator Collective.
. Collaborator with Sennheiser y Neumann a través de Magnetrón España.
. Collaborator with Guitar Fair Magazine.
. Contact: email@example.com___________
- I started my training trhough private lessons with Santiago Segura during the years 1990 , 1991 and 1992 in the fields of harmony, improvisation, reading, alternate picking technique , and several skills related to electric guitar.
- Later I continued studying with José Manuel Lorenzo at the Institute of Music and Technology (IMT) (Spain). during the years 1996 and 1997 in the fields of improvisation , harmony, comping, etc. .
- Continued in 2006 and 2007 studying with Alberto Martín in the fields of harmony, tonality, pentatonic system, etc.
- During the years 2010 and 2011 studied in a specific way with Jaime Iglesias Jazz, Jazz licensed by the Pablo Sarasate’s Conservatory of Navarre.
- In 2011 I attended the courses "Jazz Guitar" and "Improvisation method of Barry Harris", both taught by Jazz guitarist Joaquín Chacón.
-Jazz Certification in “Musinetwork”, the online school of the prestigious pianist Rafael Alcalá: best student in his promotion in Berklee College of Boston.___________
As Arranger, Producer and Studio recordings (main references)
- Composition, arranging and recording of demo videos for international brands (Japan, UK, USA, Thailand, Italy, Germany, Belarus, Bulgaria, Poland, Indonesia, Venezuela, etc.)
- Recording of the acoustic guitar of the corporate video for ASISA together with Milena Milyutenko.
-Recording and arrangements of the guitars for the album Transparenycia, self-produced by Guillermo Jimeno.
- Backing tracks production for demonstrative videos for professionals from Japan, Norway, UK, Spain, USA, Venezuela, Estonia, Bulgaria, Poland, Germany, Thailand, Belarus, Italy and Denmark.
-Arrangement of “Momentos”, 6th track from “Ordenando sentimientos”, Kevin Coll’s album (Azu Productions 2016).
- Recording session from Rock Opera ' Legacy of a tragedy part III', based on the life of Edgar Allan Poe, produced by Joaquin Padilla (Iguana Tango, Legacy of a tragedy parts I & II ) in 2016.
- Composer, arranger, producer and guitarist of "Without words" (self-produced disc of instrumental rock-fusion) available in my site, iTunes, HeavenMusik.com, Subeunescalon.com, Amazon and Spotify.
- Recording session from Rock Opera ' Legacy of a tragedy part II ', based on the life of Edgar Allan Poe, produced by Joaquin Padilla and James Garcia (Iguana Tango ) in 2014.
- Studio Recordings –guitars- of the second part of the Opera Rock ' Legacy of a tragedy ', based on the life of Edgar Allan Poe, produced by Joaquin Padilla in 2013 .
- Arrangements and recording sessions from the second CD of Kevin (Without Sense).
- Arrangements and recording sessions from Tony Sölo’s album "Moon Phases" - ex-singer of “Sangre Azul”.
- Arrangements and recording session from Rock Opera ' Legacy of a tragedy ', based on the life of Edgar Allan Poe, produced by Joaquin Padilla and James Garcia (Iguana Tango ) in 2008 .
- Production, arrangements, musical direction and recording sessions from the album "The Legend of the Chameleon", by Dama, in May 2000.
- Collaborating as producer on the album from Luciano Galiani.
- Recording sessions of acoustic guitars for Wendy (Chenoa) in "Tagmandú" and classical guitars in "Ahogadita".
- Arranger and Guitarist of Melissa Bernald.
- Other studio recordings with some singers and musicians during the last fifteen years.
Compositions and live guitarist (main references)
- Live performance of Original Soundtrack from “James Bond – Casino Royale” at Royal Theater in Madrid with Santa Cecilia Symphonic Orchestra, on January, 29th, 2019.
- Live Guitarist with Zebensui Rodriguez –Zebendrums- for Alteisa Drum Fest –Zamora, Nov 2018-.
- Live Guitarist with Talita Arenas, brasilian male singer –Sao Paulo-, working daily at the Caipirinha Week Fest in Madrid –June 2018-, in styles like Bossa, Samba, Fado, Forro, etc.
- Live Guitarist with Alberto De Blanco, in acoustic and full band formats.
- Live substitute Guitarist of Alfonso Samos, playing with Zaifer on her Solo Album’s presentation in Santander’s Cathedral –May 2018-.
- Live substitute Guitarist of Alfonso Samos, playing with Kenya on her Solo Album’s presentation in Almazán, opening show for “La oreja de Van Gogh” –May 2018-.
- Live Guitarist with Erik Cruz (Disney singer, Session singer for productors) with pop and rock covers for private shows and clubs.
- Live Guitarist with Beatriz Zaragoza: Jazz, soul, Boosa Nova singer for private events and club shows.
- Live Guitarist from LeGroove band: professional covers band who only works in High Level private events.
- Live Guitarist with Mireia Mambo (High School Musical -Disney-, Sister Act, The Lion King, Ragtime, etc.) for is unique show of “My soul” in Madrid (Spain) during her summer tour in UK and Barcelona (Spain).
- Live Guitarist from “The Bus Brothers Experience”, tribute of Blues Brothers’ show.
- Songwriter and guitarist from my first studio album "Without words".
- Live release of “Without Words” at Auditorium of Congress Palace in Guitar Fair in September, 13rd 2014.
- Live Guitarist at Hard Rock Café Madrid, with “Bistró”, resident band of pop and rock covers.
- Live Guitarist in the annual celebration of “Radiolé” in the years 2012 and 1013 and 2014.
- Composition of three movements Concert for Symphonic Orchestra called "Tirso from Elis".
- Live Guitarist of Big Band Project Harmony (Jazz),from Parla (Madrid).
- Live Guitarist of Calaita.
- Guitarist and arranger Tony Martinez trio (Cuban classical music mixed with classical guitar and percussion).
- Live Guitarist in the Disney’s musical "High School Musical" , performing 300 shows during tour of Spain in 2008 , in Madrid at the Theatre “Lope de Vega” to 01 / 2009 live recording the CD "High School Musical : The Musical in Spanish".
- Alcatraz Tour with Orchestra in 2007.
- Performance 25/05/07 at the Sports Palace of the Community of Madrid with Iguana Tango to mark the end of a al campaign.
- Guitarist, musical theater show produced and directed by Oscar Losada and Dora de Miguel, premiered the show "strokes" in the auditorium of FNAC Plaza de Callao.
- Final winner at the 25th International Song Festival America -California, USA - with the theme "In the name of God," cd "Chameleon Legend" , coauthored with Lady.
-Brass tour with the orchestra in 2002, with the orchestra Energy during the years 2003-06, 2009-10.
-Recording of "My girl asleep" and "Your hands," Spanish guitar - disk Iguana Tango " Shedding Skin "(No. 1 Top 40) published in 2003 by Tool Music.
- Live performance with the rock group "Haren" (today Iguana Tango- band No. 1 Top Forty - ) by various Spanish provinces presenting their album " Humanly irrational " during the years 97/98 .
- Presentation in Madrid Ku (now Arena) , and the Festimad of the Fine Arts, in the year 97.
- Live Presentation of the album "The Legend of the Chameleon" in SGAE in June 2000, in Club Galileo Galilei, Club “Amor Brujo”, Club “Café Continental”, Club “Buena dicha”, etc.
Television, Magazines and Demonstrations (main references)
- Incoming Production of demonstrative videos for Atlas pedal (Japan), Fats sounds laboratory (Japan), Aalberg Audio (Norway), RaingerFX (UK), as well as more professionals from several countries.
- Collaborating with Sennheiser and Neumann microphones through Magnetron (importer and distributor in Spain).
- Own section in Guitar Fair Magazine., where make interviews, articles from products, instruments and relating to education.
-Atlas Pedal -Japan-
-Boreal – España-
-Waltertone Effects –Venezuela-
-Rainger Fx -UK-
-Aalberg Audio -Norway-
-Fats Sounds Laboratory -Japan-
-Spectraflex - USA-
-Orion Effekte -Germany–
-D’Addario – USA-
-Pedal tank –Thailand–
-Mouse Electronic -Belarus–
-Fattoria Mendoza -Italy–
-Namika Effects -Bulgary–
-Walrus Audio -USA–
-Lunastone - Denmark–
-Bacce guitars –España-
-KTS Musical products –Japón-
-Ortiz Luthiers – España.
-Faith Guitars –UK-
-Puravida Custom Pedalboards –Spain-
-GFI System –Indonesia-
-Radial Engineering –Canada-
-JHS Pedals –USA-
- Tester of electric and acoustic guitars to Yamaha Guitars for the international Youtube’s channel of Yamaha –Japan-. First Spanish Guitarist with videos (4) in the Official Youtube Channel.
- Next live demonstration in “Guitar Fair 2014” with Tarus Amps, made in Poland, with Brigitte Sossa, professional bass player (Alejandro Sanz Tour) http://www.guitarfair.net/
- Tester of electric, acoustic, classical, amplifiers, effects, etc. , with dealer and importer Madrid-
Musical- store shortly rename “Malaga 8” - where will begin in October of this year to record videos for their website.
- Tester of electric, acoustic, classical, amplifiers, effects, etc., to dealer and importer Suprovox, which begin in September of this year to record demo videos for their website.
- Collaborating with “Chords” and “Guitarist” magazine since 1996, writing articles and reports of test benches electric, acoustic, classical and electric effects.
- Section own called "Guitar to detail" from 2013 for the magazine Chords.
- Section own called "Acoustic Workshop" for more than two years for the magazine Chords.
- I elaborate cover stories regularly to “Chords”, covering topics as varied as staging, making arrangements, rhythmic development, plectrum techniques, fingerpicking, vocabulary development, tips on amplifiers (some numbers Guitarist ), guitars, harmony applied to the acoustic guitar in various styles , etc. .
- In the field of television programs I have worked on " Music Yes " from TVE , " That's the way " of TVE, and " Evening T " in Telemadrid , for artists such as Manu Tenorio , Antonio Orozco , Las Ketchup , Tow, Clara Montes, Merche , Gisela , etc., during 2000 .
- I have composed and produced headers and backgrounds with guitar , loops and sampled backgrounds for TV channel “Henares Corridor” with Victor Salguero - Decade prodigious Orchestra Santiago, Calaita, Vyctoria Productions, in 2005 .
- “Smart Pentatonics” is a DVD tutorial focused exclusively in Pentatonism. 50 pages, video takes, more than 20 original baking tracks and translated into English, Japanese, Portuguese and Italian –in addition to Spanish-.
- New Youtube channel “Back To Basics” about lessons, demos, reviews, etc.
- Incorporation In September 2015 profile of teachers in "The D'Addario Education Collective" as a musician / teacher international.
- Teacher collaborator in Music Escool, teaching harmony, technique and all common skills.
- Teacher collaborator in Ritmo & Compás, teaching harmony, technique and all common skills.
- Harmony Workshop (7 days length) with D’Addario as main sponsor at “Unión Musical - Arenal”, one of its many music stores in Spain.
- Masterclass given in Sonic Boom Club in May 2014, covering topics such as the development of tonality, scales, chords, pentatonic, modal and tonal harmony, improvisation techniques, phrasing, rhythm, etc..
- They have been and still are several years working in education, combining study with live performances and studio sessions, plus the recording of many demonstrative videos.
- I have worked as a teacher of Harmony, technical, musical language , etc. . , In schools, "Fame" , "El Naranjo ", and Cultural Center of La Cabrera (Madrid).
- In the last six years in the field of teaching I work mainly in the particular field for better compatibility with other musical jobs, as live guitarist and arranger. Sometimes any Music School calls me to give some lessons (Ritmo & Compás, for instance).
- Work modes: contact classes, distance and online.
I have the great privilege to have the support of major international brands such as:
- Mesa-Boogie amps (USA) with model Lonestar 2x12 Combo and Express 5:50 +
- Yamaha Guitars, with the SG1820 and SA2200 models (Handmade in Japan) (Quited on April, 2017)
- Spectraflex Cables (USA)
- D'addario Guitar Strings (USA)
- Guitar Controller G-Lab (Guitar Laboratory) (Poland)
- Guitar pedals by CrazyBoxpedals(Spain)
- KTS Musical Products Inc. (Tokyo, Japan)
- RightOn Straps (Spain)
-Aalberg Audio Effects (Norway)
-Radial Engineering (Canada)
-Mono bags (USA)
-Root Effects (Poland)
-Collaboration with Sennheiser & Neumann
-Walrus Audio: Incoming update of their site.